Is this donation tax deductible? Yes. EmpowHERto is a tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of Canadian and American law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your Canadian taxes, tax receipts are issued in February for donations of $100 and above for the previous calendar year. Please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We’ll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation. Monthly donations are tax deductible and can be changed or canceled at any time.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
We offer wellness workshops, nutritional resources and mental health counseling to girls in need.
We give girls the tools they need to learn about finances and to work towards being financially independent
We work with girls to create opportunities to express themselves through art, sciences, and technology
EmpowHERto Donor Intent and Guideline
Staff Members of EmpowHERto strive daily to integrate the following core values in their professional life:
- Professional Integrity: Build trust, admit mistakes and act honorably in carrying out all professional responsibilities;
- Expertise/Knowledge: Demonstrate job knowledge and continually seek new information to advance EmpowHERto’s mission;
- Excellence: Achieve the best possible results in every situation;
- Commitment: Demonstrate through actions a strong desire to do everything possible to help EmpowHERto succeed in its mission and goals;
- Compassion: Demonstrates appreciation and respect for the perspectives of others and responds appropriately;
- Teamwork: Effectively collaborate with others internally and externally to achieve common goals, and;
- Advocacy: Act in strong support of donation and transplantation and represent/promote the mission effectively.
Donor Bill of Rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on EmpowHERto’s Board of Directors, and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to EmpowHERto’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all interactions with the organization will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or paid staff.
- To have competent administration that can implement procedures to carry out Board policies.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.